AUSTIN M. VANDERHEYDEN
864 W. Newport Ave.Chicago,IL60657
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Innovative and passionate professional with 6+ years of progressive experience within the customer service and sales industries.
- Established skill set to drive business growth, capitalize on new revenue potential and manage all aspects of daily business operations.
- Quick learner with the ability to easily grasp new ideas, concepts, methods and technologies.
- Dedicated team-player with exemplary people skills and the ability to assume leadership role and manage others. Thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments.
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft applications and Adobe Acrobat.
(Jul. 2011 – Present)
- Procure new business via personal and professional prospecting and networking.
- Responsible for attracting and securing new accounts nationwide.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with existing clients by servicing their accounts and providing unparalleled customer service.
- Secure carriers for customer shipments, tracking and tracing those shipments and seeing the shipment through to delivery while keeping the customer updated throughout the entire process.
- Handle crisis management if/when any problems arise during the process of delivering a shipment and finding a quick resolution to the situation.
My Drink On
(Nov. 2010 – Jul. 2011)
- Assisted with theChicagolaunch of the online company.
- Generated new business in theChicagoarea and forming relationships with local nightlife and dining destinations who might be interested in My Drink On’s services.
Real Estate Consultant
(Apr. 2010 – Jul. 2010)
- Responsible for scheduling and running appointments for prospective apartment renters in the Chicagoland area.
- Created and posted written advertisements for Homescout’s apartment listings on Craigslist to attract new clients.
- Gathered information from prospective clients to find the best possible matches for their apartment search. Provided personal guidance and professional advice throughout each client’s apartment search.
The Opportunities Group
(May 09-Dec 09)
- Responsible for generating new business leads via a high volume of sales/cold calls daily.
- Conducted comprehensive research of companies in specific territory that are hiring and schedule appointments to determine their staffing needs.
- Ran outside sales appointments with potential clients and follow up with clients on a weekly basis.
- Assisted in placing candidates in temporary employment positions.
U30 Group / EBU Group – Careerbuilder.com
Senior Business Consultant
(Feb 07-Oct 08)
- Promoted to Senior Sales Representative in the Under 30 employee group (U30) in March 2008. Added responsibilities included increased sales objectives in addition to increased leadership role within the U30 group.
- Attained Vice Presidents Club level for 2008. Exceeded 2008 yearly quota for the first half of 2008 on a pro-rated basis. Received incentive award.
- Member of U30 council responsible for coming up with ideas for division competitions, how to make management more accessible to reps., etc.
- Continued as a mentor in the U30 group Mentor Program through July 2008. Responsible for assisting and training new U30 hires.
Promoted to Sales Representative in the Emerging Business Unit (EBU) August 2008. This business group is comprised of elite sales representatives within Careerbuilder.com to grow the EBU business.
B.A. Political Science August 2006
Areas of study in addition to Political Science included Spanish, Economics, Law, History and Music.
REFERENCES AND LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.